NOTICE-THIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TONGUE-IN-CHEEK (the ones in your cabeza) BLOG.
I do not know where I got these factoidals. They simple appeared one day on my computer. Ahem.
I cannot attest to their authenticity...much less footnote it...or kick it in the ass to get it going. Just take their word for it...or make a case agin it.
The brilliant Italic notes are mine. The copulating flies are someone else's. I hope they don't wander by here and sue my ass, because I have no idea where the photo came from...it is very possible I was doing some rope tricks, as outlined in number twenty below, when I found it. Or not.
I DO love you more than shit Margaret.
1. At latitude 60 degrees south you can sail all the way around the world.
But do not try this without a sailboat.
2. The Roman emperor Caligula made his horse a senator.
And in this society our senators are horse's... Hold it, you knew what I was going to say...
3. The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle.
Then why isn't the saying, tittle your eeys, and cross your tees?
4. The United States has never lost a war in which mules were used.
And that is exactly what Francis said (look it up).
5. Cathy Rigby is the only woman to pose nude for Sports Illustrated. (August 1972)
ewwwwwwwwwww...Why? And more importantly, why would anyone want to look?
6. A person from the country of Nauru is called a Nauruan; this is the only palindromic nationality.
That is Nauruan spelled backwards. Oh, and no one knows where the deuce it is.
7. Americans eat twice as much meat as Europeans, gobbling up some 50kg (110 lb) per capita.
We have more cows?
8. Every day 200 million couples make love, 400,000 babies are born, and 140,000 people die.
I love made up shit to prove a point...although I haven't a twit of an idea as to what the point of this is. OK, I'll give 'em the last two statistics, but who is polling these 200 million couples?
9. St. Augustine was the first major proponent of the "missionary" position.
Just WHO was St. Augustine doing this missionary thing with? Wasn't he a monk or some such? He was doing it with his fist?
10. The pig is rated the fourth most intelligent animal but is mentioned only twice in the Bible.
Which goes to prove that you didn't have to be intelligent to get in the bible.
11. Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33.
In the words of my dear dead old grandfather: BULLSHIT!
And the size of Ken's penis would be...zero?
12. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
You know what they say, big nose, little thingy...or is that feet?
13. Emus cannot walk backwards.
No moon walk for them (ok, it's lame...you have a better one Jackwad?).
14. The slogan on New Hampshire license plates is 'Live Free or Die'. These license plates are manufactured by prisoners in the state prison in Concord.
15. Des Moines has the highest per capita Jello consumption in the U.S.
Does anyone...I mean, anyone...really give a dowaddinal shit about this?
16. The United States government keeps its supply of silver at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, NY
17. Both writer Edgar Allen Poe and LSD advocate Timothy Leary were kicked out of West Point.
However, Timothy was not aware of it at the time.
18. It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.
Someone actually spent time figuring this shit out?
19. Parthenogenesis is the term used to describe the process by which certain animals are able to reproduce themselves in successive female generations without intervention of a male of the species. At least one species of lizard is known to do so.
The Lounge Lizard.
20. One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because cotton growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition.
Smoke yer rope, dope.