Some words from our country's foremost Prince of Hatemonger, Rush Limbaugh. Read them and then compare them to another famous American's words:
1. There is no conclusive proof that nicotine’s addictive... And the same thing with cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease.
2. Columbus saved the Indians from themselves.
3. He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He’s moving all around and shaking and it’s purely an act... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn’t take his medication or he’s acting.
4. African Americans are twelve percent of the population. Who the hell cares?
5. Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.
6. Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.
7. We are a growing country and everybody needs energy! We’re not going to stay the United States if we start reducing energy usage. Conservation is not the answer.
8. To a black caller: "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."
9. On torture at Abu Ghraib: "This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation. And we’re going to ruin people’s lives over it, and we’re going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these people are being fired at every day. I’m talking about people having a good time, these people—you ever heard of emotional release? You ever heard of need to blow some team off?"
10. Screw the world. Do you really think we ought to govern ourselves based on what the world thinks of us?
And then of course, his latest hate statement:
The Obama administration is only helping the Haitian people because "he needed to boost his credibility with the light-skinned and dark-skinned black community in this country."
Compare if you will this tripe with these quotes of Martin Luther King, which I got from Holte Ender's place, and tell me, which most inspires YOU? :
I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
A lie cannot live.
Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent.
A nation or civilization that continues to produce soft-minded men purchases its own spiritual death on the installment plan.
A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.
A right delayed is a right denied.
At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Discrimination is a hellhound that gnaws at Negroes in every waking moment of their lives to remind them that the lie of their inferiority is accepted as truth in the society dominating them.
A riot is at bottom the language of the unheard.
All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.
All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.
Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.
An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.